Julidochromis ornatus

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Xxzsdrklakdfj

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have 2 J. ornatus in a 45gal.(36x12x23 i think) by themselves.(after the 18th there will be a few multi's in the mix too, can't wait) I have slate and rocks stacked half way up and all the way accross the tank, so there's plenty of caves for both of them, but one is allmost allways sitting above or beside my power head at the top. The domininant one(1.25in) is constantly patroling the entire tank and the one by the filter(1in or slightly less)comes down into the rocks every so often, and eventually the dominant one sees him and flares up and nips at him sending him back up to the filter. The place i bought them at only has 1 more and i'm gonna go get it fri. I could get a few more than that at another lfs but i did a search or the different variants and i'm still not sure what part of the lake mine are from.(i'm sure most of you know i'm really against hybrids and i'd rather not mix these strains either)or does the variant not matter and i'm just being stupid? Any input here would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
-"letters"

personally,i wouldn't worry about it if they do spawn for you just don't sell any of the fry,and you can keep as many as you like for yourself.

just my 2cents :D

Well breeding and raising the fry is one of the challenges of fishkeeping i like. Not only is it interesting to watch the strange behaviors but (by all means i'm not in it for the money) i've made my tanks pretty much self sufficient. (as in i never have to by food, filter pads, etc. i just spend my credit) So what does everyone think? If i can't get but 3 and after time they don't pair off, i shouldn't add any more to chance them not being the same, and just forget breeding them and just stick to the multis?

Most reactions

Back