Jelly Blobs

JustKia

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
There's loads of jelly blobs suddenly appeared in my tank, on the glass and on the plants.
At first I thought maybe snails but then snails have been there almost from day one (bred rapdily, peaked and then plateau'd out to a reasonable level), and in all that time I never saw these jelly blobs.

It's a clear jelly with what starts out as clear dots in it, then the dots turn white, haven't seen anything "hatch" though. Each blob is about 5mm across and has loads of dots in it.
I would have taken pics but you really can't see anything, and taking pics of a clear blob isn't that easy LOL

Ammonia 0, NitrItes 0, NitrAtes 10ppm (same as tap water).
6 danios, 3 peppered corys, 3 albino corys in 125L tank.
I know the danios have been spawning, but I don't think it's them. The corys were only added 2 days ago. I think the peppereds are all male, and one of the albinos is male (based on them being "flat" bellied, while the other 2 abinos have round bellies). I haven't noticed any spawning behaviour from the corys.
 
Snails was the logical thing I could think of but in the past 6 weeks there hasn't been any jelly blobs and I had a snail population explosion about 5 weeks ago. Since then the numbers have come down and stabilised - thought I was going to end up with 125L of snail for a few days there :crazy:
 
Yeah they are snail eggs. Cory eggs will be little round white balls and I think Danio eggs look the same,
 
heres a pic of some snails eggs hun
lymnea_stagnalis_eggs.jpg
 
That's exactly what they look like!
Wonder why they didn't make jelly blobs before - strange snails.

Well that was easy cleared up - thanks all =)
 
That's exactly what they look like!
Wonder why they didn't make jelly blobs before - strange snails.

Well that was easy cleared up - thanks all =)

your welcome if you dont want anymore snails just use an algae magnet - if you have one and disperse the eggs (if they are on the glass)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top