Java moss

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

StrontiumDog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Can someone help me to sourse this little begger out in the UK. I've tried various shops and no one seems to keep a stock of this plant.

i have some Lilaeopsis brasiliensis ( hight 4-7 cm ), but i think this grows high than java moss.

tnxs in advance Dog.

It's on the mail order list at Birstall (click "Aquarium Plants" and navigate to Vesicularia dubyana), or Green Line here.

How high it grows depends on how much you trim it of course. Unchecked, it will completely fill a tank.

Vesicularia dubyana, How high it grows depends on how much you trim it of course.
would that be the same as Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, i mean trimming it?

i'm very novice with plants, but i think a well planted tank brings out the fish more IMPO.

Haha I've been looking for java moss here (uk) for THREE YEARS! i'm fairly restricted to the lfs in my city because i dont drive but still. it's not the msot obscure of plants, you'd think somewhere would stock it. *grumble grumble*

random question.....

but does java moss have roots?
or it is just a ball?

I would think there are plenty of online aquatic sites in the UK that would deliver java moss to you.

And java moss doesn't have roots. It just sorta latches on to whatever surface is nearby, be it substrate, rock, or wood. Try tying or weigh down a bunch of it to a piece of driftwood. Very nice look.

It's a very attractive part of my planted 29g tank.

well it might be a restricted plant. some plants are restricted

java-plants.com for UK peeps is good for online orders. Just bought some java fern and java moss myself.

stryker that site is amazing! the plant are so cheap! i pay 99p per plant at my LFS and you can get 25 plants for almost £7 on there!!!!! im gonna be using this site alot me thinks :D

I have used the green line aquatic plants that lateral suggested.....very good service and quality.

jump

DevilsAdvocate said:
stryker that site is amazing! the plant are so cheap! i pay 99p per plant at my LFS and you can get 25 plants for almost £7 on there!!!!! im gonna be using this site alot me thinks :D
Your LFS plants are often little bunches of plants as in perhaps 3-4 individule plants as bought on java plants. Also java plants are fairly young when supplied.

However I've used them twice. They often take around 5-7 days to deliver but the plants have been superb thus far.

Most reactions

Back