Java Fern Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GuppyGirl20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So my java fern has little java ferns sprouting off of it. I was wondering how does one plant the new sprouts? Because I feel like if I pluck them off and try to put them in my gravel they'll just float to the top. Any tips?

Let the plants stay on the tips for awhile. Java ferns, or so i was told, are better to anchor down with string or something because they like to be above gravel. I have been tying mine down with fishing line to rocks and such, but i was also told that letting them float around and anchor themselves works too.

I leave my plantlets til they separate from the mother plant themselves...i either them let em float around til they grow a bit or a superglue them to wood or rocks

How would the anchor themselves if they're floating around at the top?
sad2.gif
?

And thanks for the advice 

Mine get pushed around by the filter flow, all it takes is them to get hooked up on something long enough and they will attach to it

My understanding is that the "pups" will stay attached until they are ready to separate themselves and then they can be anchored to rock or wood (not planted in substrate) or left to float freely as Alasse said which most of mine have done and they soon settle on something and attach. Some might find this a bit random and prefer to attach to whatever with cotton or fishing line.

Can anyone give me tips on how to anchor? I would like the new plants on my betta cave that I made because I feel like that would look really cool.
I can't tie anything around the whole cave so are there other ways to get the plant to anchor?

Superglue will do the trick, thats what i use

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back