Japanese Earthquake

That earthquake was tough,but Japan and the Japanese people are tougher. They have been through worse situations hiroshima bomb, other earthquakes..etc

Well said James

I cannot imagine the pain and sorrow that the Japanese people are going through at this time.

My thoughts are with them.

Regards onebto

I bet its awful! They don't seem too bothered in the videos though, especially in the shops!

I'd like to see the world respond the same way we did for Haiti and the boxing day tsunami but the news reports aren't making it sound like that's going to be the case.

I hope they can pick them self up quickly after this and at least the precautions that were put in place from the boxing day tsunami have actually worked and gave the Japanese a lot of warning to prepare for it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8375373/Japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-live.html
:eek: :eek: :eek:
My thoughts are with the Japanese people and also the Asian and South American people due to get hit by the tsunami later today. :( :eek:

Although it's bad that people have died but Japan are lucky the brunt of it did not come in place's very built up, on th vids it shows alot of farm land, if it was in the cities there would be loads more dead.

Luckily Japanese buildings are strongly built.
Look at how these towers react to the earthquake.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhJzdtzl6KY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

In areas that are vulnerable to earthquakes, most buildings have a base and foundations that move.

110946main_earthquake1.gif

Some are based on rubber and some are based on large metal bowls with a ball in the middle. To be honest, all of the buildings are build with a lot of thought with safety in mind.

My thoughts are with our fellow aquascapers in Japan.

There is a separate thread in Planted, fitting since many of us were influenced by Takashi Amano.

According to Aquarium design Group, Amano and his crew in Nigata are ok, but I'm sure others have been more adversly affected. With the tsunami spreading throughout the ocean, I'm sure others will be effected.

Most reactions

trending

Back