I’ve killed my colony

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Okay I will go and get some today. The prime seems to be holding everyone at bay which is great. I will do another w/c and then add it after. Fingers crossed

I have been cleaning the filters and refilling the tank with my big established tank water. I added a good piece of drift from my big tank to the shrimp tank yesterday. About to check the waters this morning. The snails have been out and about more since so that's a good sign
Assuming we are just talking about re-establishing the cycle:
The driftwood will help.
There are very few beneficial bacteria in the water column as they adhere to surfaces. As tank water also has a degree of pollutants it is probably not worth adding. Established filter media would be much better.
I'm glad things look improved :)

Assuming we are just talking about re-establishing the cycle:
The driftwood will help.
There are very few beneficial bacteria in the water column as they adhere to surfaces. As tank water also has a degree of pollutants it is probably not worth adding. Established filter media would be much better.
I'm glad things look improved :)
Yeah I know. I just feel helpless with this tank so I’m looking for guidance I already know I suppose, I have never had this happen so I’m abit if a newbie in a tank problem tbh :sad: I got some floating plants in there too so that should help with the parameters a lot. I went and got someSeachem stability yesterday too so did my first round yesterday will be doing my second round this morning.

Well it has been a long road but I am FINALLY at the end. This mornings readings were A:0 N02:0 N03:5ppm. Words can’t explain how chuffed I am I could almost cry

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back