It's King's day today...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
In our country it's King's day today... On this day we celebrate the King's birthday... Holland has turned orange today (to those who don't know, orange is our national color...).
1651065497974.png

The next time we get a King, we'll send him over so you can have two!

The next time we get a King, we'll send him over so you can have two!
Hey, two King's Days..!!! :drink:
But you know that Elizabeth won't give up the throne by all means, huh...

Is he a good King or a bad King?
Off with his head.
Damn the peasants, leave them in their furrow.
I need more gold.
Increase the taxes.

He turned 55 today...
He's only a baby compared to our Queen Elizabeth. Long live Lizzy :)

We celebrate the Queen's birthday so good on you for celebrating your King's birthday.

I like it how some countries still have royalty that are up to date and in touch with the common people. It's nice to be able to say we have a King or Queen and not have to worry about being hung, drawn or quartered for saying they suck when they do something wrong.

She is only 96 so she has time and future on her side. Think she will get 160 easily.

Our King has proven several times in the past years he has lost contact with "ordinary" people and has made several dumb and expensive decissions.

At the moment we were advised to stay at home due to Covid he flew out for a holliday in Greece. 2 days later he returned and made his appologies.

Same thing a day after he visited the flooded area of our Province Limburg.
The people struggled to get the damage solved and our King was laying in the sun.

I always was a Royalityfan, but nowadays I am definitely not.

Kingsday or better the former Queensday (april.30th) is quite nice though.

At the moment we were advised to stay at home due to Covid he flew out for a holliday in Greece. 2 days later he returned and made his appologies.
Our prime minister did the same thing. Covid spreading around the country and he takes his family to Hawaii for a week. Meanwhile, there's a border lockdown and nobody is meant to be leaving or entering Australia. Australian citizens overseas can't get into the country because he closed the border to everyone, except him and his family who "had to go to Hawaii". He also visited the US and did the rounds of a number of countries and didn't want to quarantine himself for 2 weeks when he got back.

Some people with money and power simply think they are better than everyone else and above the law.

Our prime minister did the same thing. Covid spreading around the country and he takes his family to Hawaii for a week. Meanwhile, there's a border lockdown and nobody is meant to be leaving or entering Australia. Australian citizens overseas can't get into the country because he closed the border to everyone, except him and his family who "had to go to Hawaii". He also visited the US and did the rounds of a number of countries and didn't want to quarantine himself for 2 weeks when he got back.

Some people with money and power simply think they are better than everyone else and above the law.
And then plain lie when caught in the act.

Though the King made appologies on national tv he and his wife were clearly not amused and a bit upset woohahahaha. As said : lost contact with the people and reality.

Other European countries with a monarchy makes me feel like we should all meet up on a field and fight with swords and shields .. just for fun ahah that’s if Spain turns up

Here in Canada, royalty is a colonial leftover, and support for the institution is a sort of celebrity worship thing. It feels like a bad habit everyone has learned to tolerate, and people are generally not passionate enough about it to get rid of the institution. By the time Charles shows up on the money we'll be a mostly cashless economy anyway.

I think there's an important symbolism involved - it shows how certain families inherit power.

The whole Commonwealth, collapsed empire thing isn't that ancient, and it'll take time for the symbols to fade out. We have Queen Victoria's birthday in May as a holiday. In my Province it was renamed in memory of a soldier from France who fought the original inhabitants, and that didn't catch on for obvious reasons, so it's vaguely a celebration of the rebels against British colonial rule now. We called it 'firecracker day' when I was a kid. Now it tends to be called the "May long weekend".

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back