Its amazing how fish change when they hide away for a while...

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Today I was enjoying my female gudgeon, Betsy swimming up to me and staring me down, then going through the leaves of java ferns... But then the male gudgeon came out (the one in my profile picture).... That's how I really remembered him but my goodness... He is a totally new fish now. His tail is a deep brownish red and the black is super defined and sharp. His yellow is extremely bright and deep in color as well. There is also some orange where the yellow and black meet... The hump on his head has risen a lot more and is VERY viewable now. He also has red "vein" lines on his n brown head and looks bigger in general... He has stayed in that dang cave for so long trying to mate that he looks completely different now! But in a good way. He is stunning when he shows himself.

Today I was enjoying my female gudgeon, Betsy swimming up to me and staring me down, then going through the leaves of java ferns... But then the male gudgeon came out (the one in my profile picture).... That's how I really remembered him but my goodness... He is a totally new fish now. His tail is a deep brownish red and the black is super defined and sharp. His yellow is extremely bright and deep in color as well. There is also some orange where the yellow and black meet... The hump on his head has risen a lot more and is VERY viewable now. He also has red "vein" lines on his n brown head and looks bigger in general... He has stayed in that dang cave for so long trying to mate that he looks completely different now! But in a good way. He is stunning when he shows himself.
it could also be that he is more used to his environment! my male pearl gourami got used to his environment and his orange is showing and he has deep black spots now

Most reactions

Back