What's new

Items To First Start

kuzyaburst

Reaction score
So I am going to start my tank this month and what is the most important equipment to have in the beginning? I want to have a heater, powerhead, skimmer, salinity refractometer, and of course lights prepared once I start cycling. This will be a nano tank (29g Biocube) by the way, and what brand of skimmer have you guys used or recommend? Also this is what I was planning on getting: Jager Thermostat Heater, MP10 powerhead, Eshopps PSK-100 HOB Protein Skimmer, and Dimmable Full Spectrum 120W LED. Are these alright choices? They're pretty expensive but oh well, are there any very good skimmers or powerheads that are a bit cheaper but still work nicely? Also last question, I've been watching videos and everybody is like, "Yeah I have a blabla reactor and it's great" after like an hour of research I still have no F-ing idea what a Reactor is/does someone please explain! Thank you.

OP
kuzyaburst

kuzyaburst

Reaction score
Does anyone even look at these? The saltwater section that is??? 

Brilly91

Reaction score
If your looking for something a little cheaper id look at bubble magus for skimmers and the jebao wp series for powerheads. Very good quality products for the price. I love mine and know plenty of other people who rave about them. You really cant go wrong if your looking for reliable and quality products at a sensible price.

A reactor is simply something that holds media with a pump that supplies flow. The pump pushes the water through the media and the media does its work. So for example rowaphos will help with the removal of phosphates.