Items To First Start

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kuzyaburst

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I am going to start my tank this month and what is the most important equipment to have in the beginning? I want to have a heater, powerhead, skimmer, salinity refractometer, and of course lights prepared once I start cycling. This will be a nano tank (29g Biocube) by the way, and what brand of skimmer have you guys used or recommend? Also this is what I was planning on getting: Jager Thermostat Heater, MP10 powerhead, Eshopps PSK-100 HOB Protein Skimmer, and Dimmable Full Spectrum 120W LED. Are these alright choices? They're pretty expensive but oh well, are there any very good skimmers or powerheads that are a bit cheaper but still work nicely? Also last question, I've been watching videos and everybody is like, "Yeah I have a blabla reactor and it's great" after like an hour of research I still have no F-ing idea what a Reactor is/does someone please explain! Thank you.

Does anyone even look at these? The saltwater section that is??? 

If your looking for something a little cheaper id look at bubble magus for skimmers and the jebao wp series for powerheads. Very good quality products for the price. I love mine and know plenty of other people who rave about them. You really cant go wrong if your looking for reliable and quality products at a sensible price.

A reactor is simply something that holds media with a pump that supplies flow. The pump pushes the water through the media and the media does its work. So for example rowaphos will help with the removal of phosphates.  

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back