Is This Worth Looking Into?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheDarkGoby

Reaction score
Here is an article I came across on craigslist.

I am selling my 5 gallon salt water aquarium. It comes with one live rock and a blue salt water fish (I dont remember what it is). It also comes with a 5 gallon bucket full of salt. It has a water fall type filter. It needs to be cleaned but is running. If you are interested please email me I would like to move this Asap! It is As-Is

I know the person isn't very specific about details (water fall filter, 5g bucket of salt, blue fish), but I can email the person for more details if needed (which I figure I'll need to).

Does anyone make reef-suitable lighting for a 5 gallon tank? I know there are afew species of sw fish I can keep in a 5g (not at the same time). What are they?

I guess the main question is...is it worth looking into?

Thanks!

Here is an article I came across on craigslist.

I am selling my 5 gallon salt water aquarium. It comes with one live rock and a blue salt water fish (I dont remember what it is). It also comes with a 5 gallon bucket full of salt. It has a water fall type filter. It needs to be cleaned but is running. If you are interested please email me I would like to move this Asap! It is As-Is

I know the person isn't very specific about details (water fall filter, 5g bucket of salt, blue fish), but I can email the person for more details if needed (which I figure I'll need to).

Does anyone make reef-suitable lighting for a 5 gallon tank? I know there are afew species of sw fish I can keep in a 5g (not at the same time). What are they?

I guess the main question is...is it worth looking into?

Thanks!

Id like to know that also im toying with setting up a marine nano tank eventually! Good question! I think you can get certain types of clown fish in a 10g tank.

Well, there is no simple answer, but my first reaction is no! You can cheaply buy a tank of this size, stick in a bit of lr and put some zoas and or rics with maybe a shrimp, but thats it.

Seffie x

oh and for the op - clowns should be kept in a tank of no less than 20 gallons, I would be happier seeing them in no less than 25 gallons :good:

I was thinking a nano goby species, maybe 5-10lbs of LR, and maybe some lighting of some sort capable of supporting some type of hardy coral. Don't want to spend more than $30 extra on EQUIPMENT (fish and supplies such as salt excluded).

I was thinking a nano goby species, maybe 5-10lbs of LR, and maybe some lighting of some sort capable of supporting some type of hardy coral. Don't want to spend more than $30 extra on EQUIPMENT (fish and supplies such as salt excluded).

I wouldnt want to keep any marine fish in a tank that size - i would imagine there are several small lights that would be ok for soft mushrooms, even maybe the arc type lamp.

Would be an interesting zoa garden with a snail and maybe a dwarf hermit

Seffie x

I think you could throw a little goby in there :) Yellow watchman comes to mind. Or a little Orange lined cardinal fish Apogon cyanosoma.

Most problems you have with small tanks are evaporation and keeping everything stable. It's a lot easier to "crash" a small tank.

Yeah, you guys are probably right. I was thinking a miniature goby (smaller than the 3" Watchman) might be fine in there, but it is pretty unstable to have such a small tank.

But how much does a 5g bucket of salt cost? Sounds expensive.

haha no idea. I measure my salt by 200g boxes! I bought 2 of the Reef Crystals 200g boxes last time I bought salt! And at roughly $55 a box.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4685+4856&pcatid=4856

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back