Is This Stuff Really Safe To Use? (Glass Cleaner).

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kirsty5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Found this product, and, well, think its too good to be true. My tank has only been running a short while and am cycling it but do have an issue with limescale already.

Is this stuff really as safe as they say it is?

*** BioClean A Glass Cleaner - Biological glass cleaner.

* Cleans all aquarium glass panes with natural strength
* Non-hazardous for fish and plants.
* Efortlessly removes lime build-up

I don't want to spam, so have left out the product name. If it is ok to post it on here, I will once told I can, or, I can PM details.

I don't want to buy it if it causes a hazard to my tank.

i didnt know you could get limescale in your tank if you have used water conditioner :L

i don't see a problem in naming the product.

Thanks Guys:

the product is JBL BioClean Glass Cleaner.

Limescale is building up in 3 areas of the tank: glass lid, front and rear mid sections...... Have been using Sera Aquatan as a water conditioner - is there a better product?

oohh yes i see what you mean now... any water conditioner is fine to be honest.
it depends if you are keeping fish like discus cichlid :L
but erm really i guess it should be fine .. just do little bit and see if it affects your water... and maybe just do a little bit at a time so it isnt all at once :D

Thanks :good: I'll give it a go and see if it works - no fish in there at the mo, just plants, copepods, and the hitchhiker snails :lol:

oohh yes i see what you mean now... any water conditioner is fine to be honest.
it depends if you are keeping fish like discus cichlid :L
but erm really i guess it should be fine .. just do little bit and see if it affects your water... and maybe just do a little bit at a time so it isnt all at once :D

jbl in a known aquatic brand , they make things like planting substrate , pressurised co2 systems etc , so id of thought thiscould be trusted. might be smart to read upon the active ingredients tho just for peace of mind.

best value dechlorinator i find is seachemprime , it gos so much further. discus will have no effect on what dechlorinator you use , dont quite see the relevence of that comment??

Most reactions

trending

Back