Is This Stocking Going To Lead To Disaster?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Spookymuffin

Reaction score
Up until yesterday I had three tanks going: A 14 gallon Betta sorority, a 5 gallon tank with a male Betta and some White Clouds and a 10 gallon with six guppies.

Yesterday my little brother was in my room and somehow managed to tip the 10 gallon over! Two of the sides are cracked and one is blown, by the time that I rushed upstairs to the scene of the crime two of the guppies were dead and the remaining four were gasping on the floor. He still won’t own up to what he was doing in my room that could lead to a rather heavy tank being toppled, although I suspect that he was leaning on the edge of it to see in the top.
I quickly netted the guppies and put them in my sorority tank and they seem to be doing fine this morning.

So the 14 gallon currently holds:

6 female Bettas.
4 Guppies (2 male, 2 female).
2 Otos.

Is this horrifically over stocked? Can the fish live this way for a while if I keep doing regular water changes? I can't afford a new tank at the moment (I'm a college student and don't have a part-time job) and won’t be able to until Xmas.

I have salvaged the filter from the 10 gallon and I have it running in the 14 (as well as the original) in the hopes that the extra filtration will help lessen the bio-load.

Hi
As you say its not really ideal to be that well stocked but IMO its doable, you seem to be overfiltered and provided maintenaince is kept up it should be ok,
- that is provided the bettas and guppys continue to live in harmony.

Hi
As you say its not really ideal to be that well stocked but IMO its doable, you seem to be overfiltered and provided maintenaince is kept up it should be ok

Good to hear. How often do you think I should be doing water changes?

that is provided the bettas and guppys continue to live in harmony.

I'm quite surprised at how well they are doing together. The Bettas have been ignoring the Guppies entirely; even when the male Guppies have been trying to mate with them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back