Is This A Good Tank Size/measurement For A Betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CrazyDiamond88

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a small area on my desk where my betta is currently in a 5 gallon, but I want to give him more space.

I am going to get a tank made up that is 25cm wide, 25cm deep, and 50cm high.
Would this be okay for him?
It makes it 8 gallons which is a bit more room for him too.

He is no longer in the tank in my signature as the cories were getting stressed out by him.

They do a lot better in tanks that are wide rather than high

Agreed with above but it still should be alright.

If you can get him a plant that he can rest on closer to the surface or maybe a betta log (make sure it won't tear his fins) that would be good :)

Thanks guys. I understand that. Unfortunately I don't really have much more space than that right now.
I'll make sure he has plants for sure

When I think about I reckon he'll be okay.

The current tank measurements are:

22cm deep x 36cm wide x 23cm tall.

I can push the new tank to 

25cm deep x 30cm wide x 50cm tall

so really the surface space is quite similar

It's not really the surface area but the height which he must swim to breathe. Still it's a big enough size.

I hope you dont mind CrazyDiamond88 but rather than make a new thread I too have a question about betta tank size.

I just bought an Aqua One AquaNano 30 tank. Its a 30x 30x 30cm cube but the depth is only 22.3cm because there is a built in section at the back which houses the heater, powerhead and filter material. So this makes the available swimming space 30x 22.3x 27cm which is about 4.8 gallons. Is this going to be ok for a betta? I plan to have the tank fairly planted.

I believe you will be just fine with the new tank you are considering.  Most bettas as long as they are healthy will not have an issue getting to the surface for air.  I do suggest having something that he can rest on/in near the surface though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back