Is This A Good Deal?

dgoulston

New Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
SE London
£150
Description: 100 galon tank and supporting cupboard, with Duval 200 filter system, CO2 filter kit, heater, complete set up. Wood finish match nicely with your furniture :)

Include 1 blue lobster and 2 small fishes.

Dimensions:
Size of tank itself
W X D X H
30'' X 15" X 20"
 
I wouldn't go for it. Seems expensive for the size of tank.

EDIT: Your measurements of the tank contradict the volume you gave at the start of the description.
 
I think he means 100L. Its not a bad deal but there are better out there. Work out how much you could get all the bits for seperatley and if you would need the Co2 kit for live plants etc etc
 
I think he means 100L. Its not a bad deal but there are better out there. Work out how much you could get all the bits for seperatley and if you would need the Co2 kit for live plants etc etc

yes sounds about right not such a great deal but not bad
 
The volume from the dimensions works out at 147 litres, which I think for £150 is expensive. I know I'm in the 'North' and those are probably London prices, but I bought a 90(US gallon) tank with stand, hood all the fixings, basically just add water for £75, I know thats a good deal but just shows whats on offer if look (or stumble on it as I did :P)

I don't know much about C02 units, so can't comment if its worth it based on that, but if the OP isn't serious about plants then I would say the deals not so good.

Then theres the problem of the existing livestock, great if the OP wants them, but some people can have trouble off loading fish, then if you have to keep them, theres the problem of the blue lobster which may predate on other fish.
 
yes just did the calculation, i was looking at the 100Gallon thing... then it would be good deal... allready got a 90L so no point just a small upgrade! will email the bloke and ask
 
100 gal is more bigger. Yeah i guess he meant 100L. It isnt a good deal. I bought mine for 160$.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top