Is This A Clown Loach?

Bigd5482

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Only reason I'm questioning it is its mouth looks like a catfish the pic isn't that great because I can't get him to come out of the cave but here it is anyway.

p6220122v.jpg


if it isn't a clown loach what is it? lol
 
Hard to tell from the photo. Coloring appears right, but hard to say because I can't see the face.
 
Well I'm fairly certain it isn't a clown loach as I just looked at a pic of a large one and they have small mouths these things got the catfish big smiley face looking mouths. In that pic above you're looking at his face on the left side of the opening for the cave looks like a smiley face looking at you. I will try to get a better pic but what else could it be as i can't find any pictures that look like them.

Not to mention that the two of them in there are not active at all the one stays in the cave mostly and the other under the bogwood. I know this may be because A the guy only had 2 which now I have the 2 and B they could be acclimating to their new surroundings and such. I will try and get a better pick if I can to post.
 
Thank you helter I finally found a pic to confirm what they were after I edited that last post. It is indeed 2 bumblebee catfish that the guy had and now I have. When I first brought them home I was looking at them and didn't think they were clown loaches even though that was what he called them. But I never had clown loaches or bumblebee cats before so I didn't know but now I do. Thanks all for the help
 
No idea i've never had the either.

Remember with catfish if they have long wiskers they eat small fish.
 
yeah from what I read on them I first confirmed its the south american bumblebee catfish not the asian one based on the size of its mouth. From my readings seems the South American one will get fry for the most part but nothing bigger. As the Asian variety can take on guppy's when they get bigger from what I read. Pretty neat fish I've noticed now that the light is off on the tank the two of them have come out like normal catfish do at night and are swimming around. Certainly nicer having the larger tank than the 29 gallon tank. Even with the added black tetras and the 2 catfish and 6" pleco fish seem to be happier and have a lot more room to swim around. Thanks again for the help.
 
i had a bumble bee catfish its deffo one of those m8 (shyest fish i've ever kept, i had him for 8 months or so and i only seen him like 10 times!! :lol: :lol: )
 

Most reactions

Back
Top