Is this a bladder snail?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Bruben

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I think this is a bladder snail from what Iā€™ve gathered from Google but just wanted to check with you knowledgeable folk.

Thereā€™s also a lot of empty snail shells around my tank so donā€™t know if some of my fish are eating itā€™s offspring or what!

Cheers!

Attachments

• 88329E38-16BE-4B90-87A0-D7C8CDB4E0C5.jpeg
    88329E38-16BE-4B90-87A0-D7C8CDB4E0C5.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 36
It looks like one to me! I have several fish that eat snails, so I purposely cultivate them. A lot of people don't like them since they breed rapidly. If you don't want them forever, get rid of them now.

It looks like one to me! I have several fish that eat snails, so I purposely cultivate them. A lot of people don't like them since they breed rapidly. If you don't want them forever, get rid of them now.
Cheers @Circus!

Iā€™m quite fond of him/her, plus I have a lot of algae at the moment so they can probably help with that!

Which fish do you have that eat the snails if you donā€™t mind me asking? Iā€™ve got Dwarf Gouramis, Zebra Danios, Neon Tetras, Peppered and Albino Corys and Amano Shrimp and from what I understood none of them would touch snails but more than happy if theyā€™re going to be on population control!

I have figure 8 puffers, pea puffers, Dwarf chain loaches, and yoyo loaches (all in different tanks) that I purposely feed snails. My florida flagfish will occasionally eat one or two, and my various cichlids will eat them sometimes as well.

From what I know, none of yours are habitual snail eaters. I am not sure what might be causing the empty shells you see.

I have figure 8 puffers, pea puffers, Dwarf chain loaches, and yoyo loaches (all in different tanks) that I purposely feed snails. My florida flagfish will occasionally eat one or two, and my various cichlids will eat them sometimes as well.

From what I know, none of yours are habitual snail eaters. I am not sure what might be causing the empty shells you see.
Ooooo I saw a YouTube video on pea puffers the other day, very nice fish!

My KH is quite low, 3 or 4 usually, so maybe snails need a higher KH? No idea but the shrimp seem to be fine and moulting well.

Hi all,

I think this is a bladder snail from what Iā€™ve gathered from Google but just wanted to check with you knowledgeable folk.

Thereā€™s also a lot of empty snail shells around my tank so donā€™t know if some of my fish are eating itā€™s offspring or what!

Cheers!
My bladder snails look like this. I think yours is a pond snail.
bladder snails.JPEG

Hereā€™s another pic of the back

Attachments

• C0C7D816-CAB9-41A4-9EEE-921745DFE63F.jpeg
    C0C7D816-CAB9-41A4-9EEE-921745DFE63F.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 35

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back