Is The Hot Glue Gun Safe To Glue Thinkgs Together?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fish-r-fancy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a florescint cave that i was thinking of glueing rocks and pebbles to to make it more natural because I don't like the way it looks now. If I use a very small amount of glue from the hot glue gun would it be safe?I figured that when the glue dried it would be just plastic right? I would buy a thing of aquarium sealent but with being a kid and only making $8 a week, there are more important things than aquarium sealent. Any advice or comments are welcome. Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

super glue, hot glue, that aquarium epoxy and pure silicon are really the only adhesives safe for use in an aquarium

i didn't know superglue was safe for aquariums thats good news :D
i used to work with the hot glue guns when i was younger but didn't lmow how safe they were for fish

Super glue gel is used in marine tanks to hold frags to larger rocks. Sets under water without harmful effects.

Yes it's safe, make sure it's dried first..and snip off any strands and wash it first. I had an incident once where I didn't..and small strand floated off into one of my fishes gills. Needless to say..it was good.

Okay thanks for all the replies. Some time this weekend I will bring out the hot glue gun and glue the rocks together. I will make sure to cut off all the strands and I'll let it dry for a couple of days.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back