Is She Ready? Platy Fry Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BOGaming_

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,
So i've got a female platy in a tank ready for her to give birth, the tank is all set up and cycled with everything she needs but here's the thing, i have no idea when she's going to drop. She's been in the tank for about 4 days now and i have put her under a bit of stress because i had to move the tank in a car ride
sad.png

But the female is fine, and is now stable, can anyone tell me when they think she will be ready?

Also... I only have the one tank with me, i had to bring it with me to another house because i didn't have a filter until today (sponge) and it meant i couldn't leave her for more than a few days (or even 2 days) so i mean, if she gives birth can i put her in the fry trap for a day or two until i go home.

She looks like a male in the photo but she isn't her back fin does fan out, she's also given birth before :)

Links to images:

http://s13.postimg.org/snj9kg6gn/thumbnail_IMG_1719.jpg
http://s17.postimg.org/e418ewn6n/thumbnail_IMG_1722.jpg

it's difficult to tail by looking at a photo.  if she gives birth  why not put the fry in the trap until you go home

I recently had a platy give birth about a month after I bought her and she looked a lot fuller than yours does.

She was pregnant when I brought her home from the LFS because there were no other platties in the tank I put her in.

The reason I chose her is because i suspected she was pregnant
whistling.gif

She spent about 10 days or so before giving birth hovering just above or sitting on the substrate in a quiet part of my tank, only rising to the surface to feed.

I don't know how many fry she had, but I was able to count 10 that survived the first week.

I made the mistake of moving 6 to my main tank about a week ago...my shrimp ate them for breakfast...but the remaining 4 are thriving in the 20 litre tank they were born in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back