Is My Tank Overstocked?

catherine896

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
546
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
GB
I know sorry, same threads again and again! :rolleyes:

Ive got a 45G tank currently housing 10 black neons, 10 glowlights, 5 kuhli's and 2 oto's.
I do have 2 gold gourami buy they are going back to the store today.

I'm planning on getting more oto's so there is a bigger group.

How far am i from being overstocked?

Thanks.
 
With regular water changes and good maintanance, i dont think your overstocked.
 
Tank doesn't sound overstocked to me at all, in fact it i would say you have more room for new fish in the tank depending on what you get- all of your current fish are low waste producing fish, as the others say as long as you keep up on regular weekly tank maintanance you should have no problems with the fish you've got in the tank and perhaps a few more :thumbs: .
 
Thanks! Im thinking about swapping my shoal of glowlights in aswell as I can hardly see them against my pale gravel!

Thanks :D
 
Thanks! Im thinking about swapping my shoal of glowlights in aswell as I can hardly see them against my pale gravel!

Thanks :D


What were you thinking of replacing them with :) ? If you have a tank with a filter and heater which you can use as a quarantine tank, i would advise using it if you are getting a fair few new fish as there are some really nasty highly infectious bacterial diseases going around of late which can wipe out whole tanks in just days (although symptoms in the fish may not show up for many weeks at first), a quarantine tank for new fish can be a life saver for your fish :good: .
 
Thanks! Im thinking about swapping my shoal of glowlights in aswell as I can hardly see them against my pale gravel!

Thanks :D

Hi Catherine

I know what you mena about glowlights though I do like them. My 50G has 12 Pristella or "X-Ray" Tetras in. Their colouring looks really good and they shoal really nicely.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top