Is My Molly Gravid?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Skye_Phan

Reaction score
Screenshot_20170714-092006.png
Screenshot_20170714-092038.png

I've had my molly for about a month and she has started to swell up like this. Is she gravid? I have a 50 gallon tank with 3 medium size bala sharks, a 5" common pleco, a 2" albino bristlenose pleco, 5 longfin zera danios, 4 neon tetras (I had nine, but they have neon tetra disease. I am hoping to replace these with more danios), 6 albino cory catfish, 3 dwarf gouramis, 2 male and 2 female millennium rainbowfish, 2 adult and 1 baby candy cane tetras, and finally 2 mollies, one of which is the one pictured above.

You can assume that all female livebearers are pregnant, all the time. You don't need to do anything special; just make sure your water is in tip top condition and that tere are some hiding places for the fry; fine leaved live plants are best.

I know this sin't what you're asking about, but I have to point out that you have some issues with your current stocking;
Some of your fish (the bala sharks and the common plec) are going to get too big for your tank.
You have a mixture of soft water (the tetras, gouramis) and hard water (mollies) fish.
You have temperate species (zebra danios) and true tropicals (most of the others).

You can assume that all female livebearers are pregnant, all the time. You don't need to do anything special; just make sure your water is in tip top condition and that tere are some hiding places for the fry; fine leaved live plants are best.

I know this sin't what you're asking about, but I have to point out that you have some issues with your current stocking;
Some of your fish (the bala sharks and the common plec) are going to get too big for your tank.
You have a mixture of soft water (the tetras, gouramis) and hard water (mollies) fish.
You have temperate species (zebra danios) and true tropicals (most of the others).

Thank you so much. I am planning on getting a 75 gallon tank before the bala sharks and the pleco are full grown. I knew the neon tetras weren't the best choice, but I'm hoping to replace them. My original plan was to get buenos aries tetras, would that be a better choice than more danios? What do you recommend I should do with the diversity of the other fish?

Most reactions

trending

Back