Is my guppy pregnant?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

JAMMYLEYLO

Reaction score
Hello,
I donā€™t know if someone can help me but I donā€™t know if my female guppy is pregnant. I got her from the shop yesterday and the store said that the males and females are not mixed in the tanks.
She is a bit fat around her belly and her Gracie spot is quite large. Sorry for the image quality.

Attachments

• 07ED0D45-24EA-48F7-8221-D3AA992CB8A9.jpeg
    07ED0D45-24EA-48F7-8221-D3AA992CB8A9.jpeg
    707.7 KB · Views: 80
She certainly looks that way.
Thanks for getting back to me, Iā€™m new to the hobby and I am unsure what to do with her, I have an extra tank setup in case, I used terra safe start and the water has gone a bit cloudy, does that matter? The ph ammonia and nitrite are coming as good.

Thanks for getting back to me, Iā€™m new to the hobby and I am unsure what to do with her, I have an extra tank setup in case, I used terra safe start and the water has gone a bit cloudy, does that matter? The ph ammonia and nitrite are coming as good.
Also, when do you think she will give birth?

Its over 15 years since I kept livebearers so I will leave those questions to those who actually know. What else do you have in the tank? I never used to move mine, but I had plenty of plants for the fry to hide in.

I have a male betta, and some neons thereā€™s plenty of places to hide, I will put some of the plants in groups so they can hide in there there is also a log/cave thing, @seangee thanks so much for ur help it is much appreciated for a beginner to get passed on ur knowledge :)

I would strongly recommend you get your other tank set up and cycled asap and move your betta into it permanently. They are not community fish, and although everything seems OK now he could turn overnight and go on a killing spree

I would strongly recommend you get your other tank set up and cycled asap and move your betta into it permanently. They are not community fish, and although everything seems OK now he could turn overnight and go on a killing spree
Will do it now, he was starting to get a little bit agitated so hopefully tank will be ready soon.
Thanks for your help mate :)

My betta is with two female guppies, three mollies and three molly fry, but everything is temporary due to lack of heater in my 33 gallon.

OP, what is your tank size? Neons need a 30 gallon tank, max size is 20 gallon long for them and are soft water fish.
I agree with @seangee , bettas aren't community fish. Get a 10 gallon tank with sponge filter for him and cycle it right away.

Most reactions

trending

Back