Is it time???

Tonight at 9 o'clock I put my two females in the 10 gallon birthing/raising tank. I looked at the picture above and went by that. :blink: They are just a hair smaller the that. But I figured that she was having contractions at the time of the picture taking, I would could get my females early enough into the tank. :rolleyes: Anyways, is this okay. if my females are just a hair smaller then the pictured female, could you somehow figure when they'll give birth? Any help would be very greatly appreciated!
Ron

*taps fingers on the desk impatiantly*

Still no babies. :p I took her out of the breeding net today...she has been out for about 6 hours...I think she is just happy to be out. I only took her out because she was pushing herself under the bar that holds the net in its box shape. I didn't want her to hurt herself, so I took her out.

Tigger has gotten HUGE!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness...she is huge. But she can't be anymore than 23, almost 24, days pregnant because she has only been in with the male for that long. But she is huge...like this wide --------

I'm going to get another breeding net tomorrow so that I can put them in seperate ones....if they ever have the babies...:unsure: :rolleyes: :sly: :grr: :crazy:

fuman_chica said:
Tigger has gotten HUGE!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness...she is huge. But she can't be anymore than 23, almost 24, days pregnant because she has only been in with the male for that long. But she is huge...like this wide --------

I'm going to get another breeding net tomorrow so that I can put them in seperate ones....if they ever have the babies...:unsure: :rolleyes: :sly: :grr: :crazy:
well, she could of gotten pregnet at the store. this happens alot, especialy to mollys.

Ron, what kind of fish is waiting to have her babies. You may have said but I missed it. If its mollies or swords, their bellies get a square shape to them shortly before they are ready to go. I'm not sure about guppies though, I think they just get huge and then, pop!
Is your baby tank cycled already? If not, I would not risk your girls having their babies in there. Put them in a breeding net in your other tank if this is the case. I moved my molly fry to a baby tank and even though I used 1/2 water from the original tank I had a nitrite surge in there and all the babies died except for one. I lost 36 babies. I was very sad and I wouldn't want to see it happen to anyone else if it doesn't have to.

I waiting on more babies now and decided for at least now, I would stick to the breeding net. Good luck everyone!

aww good luck to both of you with the pregnant fish - and the picture of sunshine is beautiful she looks real pretty i didnt realise that it would be so stressful when fish are pregnant i hope mine dont get pregnant i dunno if i cud cope! lol

FrankSlapperinni said:
well, she could of gotten pregnet at the store. this happens alot, especialy to mollys.
That's not what happened to Tigger...I've had her since April...and Punk is the first male she has been in with since the beginning of May. ;)

By the way, still no babies. I got another breeding net today, so that they each have their own. :) I'll be putting them in there tonight, as I start college tomorrow, and will be gone all day. :p

Most reactions

Back