Is it still white spot?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Welsh_Woman

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just finnished treating my tank for white spot and the spots are gone but the fish are still flicking, what should i do?

What are your water parameters. They can flick due to poor water conditions too. Have you done a water change after completing the full dosage of medication?

I did a water change just before i started it and i plan to do one tomorrow, i did tests yesterday and they were ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 10

Try some melafix (or similar). I've been treating my tank for white spot for 4 days and the fish are really showing stress (clamped fins and flicking), the guy at the LFS recommened melafix to help replace the slime coating the meds had stripped from my fish, in less than 10 minutes almost all fish were acting normal, then they went backwards a bit, after the initial relief is my guess but they are well on the way to normal

katchan

I put some Liquisil General Tonic in to see if that would help before you said about their coating, what i did won't harm will it?

Sorry never heard of Liquisil General Tonic (just did a quick search, general bad bug thing killer) before, fish maybe a little more aggrivated but get some melafix or slimecoat in there soon and it should help them heaps, also try a 25% water change this will also help to get rid of any nasty chemicals to lower levels

Katchan

You could add some activated carbon in your filter to remove traces of the medication. This and the water change should do them good....

Most reactions

Back