Is it possible

Aussie_Star

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hey
I have a Aquaone 1200 CF External Canister Filter (same as a fluval 404) running my 65 gallon and i was wondering would it be possile to run another 30 gallon tank of this Filter and if i got another small internal fitler for the tanks to help out.

Causing im looking at re-starting my 30 gallon again as a fully planted tank and casue my filter recommend capcity is 100 gallon then i though it would be ok, but i just wanted to ask.

My 80 gallon runs of a the a Aquaone 1200 CF External Canister Filter and its great but it only has one tank running of it.

So would it be fine having a 65 gallon and a 30 gallon on a Aquaone 1200 CF External Canister Filter with internal filters helping out be ok?

thanxs

It depends if you want 'adequate' filtration in the 65g & 30g or if you want decent filtration in the 65g and spend a bit more and have decent filtration in the 30g :huh:

IMO the capacity of the filter system is only a guideline and i always try and get a fitlration system that is 'overpowered' (my 30g's have 160g/hour filtration = water recycled 5 times an hour)

If your filter can handle 100g/hour and it's on your 65g then your water is being fully recycled approximately every hour and a half.
If you run both tanks of the same filter then your water will be recycled only every hour.

This is not to mention the fact that the tanks will be 'linked' so if there is any problems in one they will occur in the other; ie. disease, spikes, etc.

I know that you said you would consider buying separate internal filters to help the tanks out but for the cost i would consider buying a separate filter for the 30g if it was my tank :)

Yea i was thinking that, i might just buy a new filter instead of running two from one, but i hav to wait casue im trying to save for a car lol
thanxs

taking that into account ,once u have your planted tank established and its heavily planted depending on your fish load :/ i think it would run it with not much problem ,the plants will absorb the nitrate and reduce the phosphate thats my theory anyway :)

Most reactions

Back