JustKia
Fish Herder
I've got 5 pygmy corys and they like to hide - they are shy little creatures. You might want to look at some other corys or maybe some micro-rasboras or similar if you want to liven up the tank.
I still think it's a good idea to investigate why you've got algae. I'll assure you it's not just because you added live plants.
Maybe those plants already had algae on them and your tank has excess nutrients/light/etc which has been like party time for the algae.
I've got loads of live plants in my 33Gal and I'm probably not the best person for letting my fish go hungry (ie I probably overfeed at times) yet I can't remember the last time I cleaned any algae of the glass.
Some time back I had an aglae problem and it was down to phosphates - I used a "Green-X" or something like that - looks like a giant tea-bag! And within a few days it cleared right up.
Also shrimps and nerite snails (don't worry nerites won't breed in your f/w tank as the eggs need at least brackish (maybe even full s/w?) water to hatch. Both of those will munch on algae and help with housekeeping duties.
I still think it's a good idea to investigate why you've got algae. I'll assure you it's not just because you added live plants.
Maybe those plants already had algae on them and your tank has excess nutrients/light/etc which has been like party time for the algae.
I've got loads of live plants in my 33Gal and I'm probably not the best person for letting my fish go hungry (ie I probably overfeed at times) yet I can't remember the last time I cleaned any algae of the glass.
Some time back I had an aglae problem and it was down to phosphates - I used a "Green-X" or something like that - looks like a giant tea-bag! And within a few days it cleared right up.
Also shrimps and nerite snails (don't worry nerites won't breed in your f/w tank as the eggs need at least brackish (maybe even full s/w?) water to hatch. Both of those will munch on algae and help with housekeeping duties.







