TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I occasionally get this error message when opening our site:

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

I then having trouble logging on and if I get to log on, site runs slow and eventually I get the error message again.

This has happened on my chromebook and also on my Iphone via Safari. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I’m not and I usually use my IPhone via Safari.

I get something like that at 4:11pm my time and it's when they do the server shut down and restart. It lasts a couple of minutes then everything is back to normal. Maybe they were doing something on the server when it happened.

I have had numerous bad gateways in the last two days. Logging in is OK. I use Kindles.

I too have that error message usually between 9 and 9:30 am UK summer time (it might change at the end of the month when we go to winter time) This fits in with Colin's 4:11 pm in Western Australia as according to a time zone map it is currently 9.45 am here and 4.45 pm in WA.

If Colin is right, only those people on-line when they do whatever it is to the server will notice anything. If they do it between 9 and 9:30 am UK summer time, that will be 4 am Eastern time in the USA, 3 am Central time, 2 am Mountain time and 1 am Pacific time. Those Americans asleep at these times won't notice anything.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back