Iphone 8Gb 3G

Haych

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Right, I finally took the plunge and got the iPhone I have been adoring for so long - but I only went for the 8gb 3g as that is plenty for me.

What I want to know is, at the top left corner of the phone (where the signal bar is) I have a little circle - yet on the box picture it says "3G" - now even my internet dongle says "3G" - does this mean my sim card needs to be updated to a 3G sim? I did get the simcard with an N97 which I thought to be 3G - but all my new sims state 3G on them, yet my two "older" sims dont (only 5 month old)

My internet seems to be really slow on the iPhone - and was wondering if this was to do with the sim card needing updating?

Anybody know of anything?

Sorry if this has confused anyone - it is a bit of a ramble!

Good move :) I just upgraded to a 3gs 32gb ( best phone I've ever had!!)
think I know what you're saying.. Is there no 3g lettering there?
Go to settings> then general then network... At the top of that page is an option to enable 3g

try that and see if it works, it may just be turned off as it does drain the battery :)

shelagh x

I bought a sim from my local shop and didn't even think about3g so I doubt it if it's that :)

ok thanks Shelagh - will do that now!

Not sure if its a signal thing though - it decided to appear for 5 minutes then beggared off again!

thats all on still - but data roaming is off - should it be? :unsure:

Well mine is off always has been. Think that just saves you £ when using a mobile abroad
my 3g signal isn't always there, maybe just bad reception.. There is a place close by to here that has no 3g signal at all. So yeah I would say it's just that.. Sometimes I get the dot too tho I dunno what it means lol
when i had my 3g the pages wernt lighting fast to load etc . And actually there's not a lot of diff with my 3gs.. So I Spose I'm not in a hot spot either :/

anyway hope it's sorted for you now
enjoy your iPhone
shelagh xx

ps I love mine cos when I'm typing it corrects my spelling mistakes as I go :lol:

lol mine does that too - especially as I can get happy fingers :lol:

thanks for your help though :D

Just gotta suss out using own ringtones etc :look:

lol mine does that too - especially as I can get happy fingers :lol:

thanks for your help though :D

Just gotta suss out using own ringtones etc :look:

you're wecome
you'll find all your ringtone in settings then sounds

I would deffo recommend it, I was without one for a whole day whilst I udgraded .. Never again, was like I'd lost my arm lol

shelagh xxx

Love mine too Aly

Seffie x

Guys do any of you play the words with friends app? Its like scrabble - if you do and fancy a game you can invite me to play - bet you can probably guess my user name :p

Seffieuk

mind you I do have one bug bear, the battery life is awful! Have to charge mine most nights

ill have a look at that seffie.. tho im not that good at scrabble, and no paitence

this is the only fone that i have ever had to charge throughout the day... have u turned your brightness down and 3G off seffie? and of course set auto lock to the lowest.. all these things help
good.gif
MartinS gave me a few tips.. oh another was turn off push notifications ( ie email retrevial) he might see this and give you some more though :)

shelagh xxx

I like to play scrabble!

Will have to look into it.

And I have to charge mine nearly every night - if not every night - simply cause I am always on my games

Most reactions

Back