Introduction

PajamaSquid

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm PajamaSquid, and I'm a relatively new fish hobbyist. I'm currently taking care of two freshwater tropical community aquariums (with some help, of course). My 40 gallon tank has 6 platys and 5 corydoras, as well as a little mystery plant. I also have a 10 gallon tank with 2 corydoras and 3 platys, one of which is just becoming an adult. I hope that I can have a few of my questions answered here!

Thank you for your time!

Hello!
I'm PajamaSquid, and I'm a relatively new fish hobbyist. I'm currently taking care of two freshwater tropical community aquariums (with some help, of course). My 40 gallon tank has 6 platys and 5 corydoras, as well as a little mystery plant. I also have a 10 gallon tank with 2 corydoras and 3 platys, one of which is just becoming an adult. I hope that I can have a few of my questions answered here!

Thank you for your time!
Welcome to the forum! I have 3 ten gallon tanks with guppies (I really need a new tank!) and one 3 gallon for my betta. I've never raised platys before. Are they live-bearers?

Thanks! Platys are live-bearers and are pretty much like fatter, more iridescent guppies. And two of mine are, like, MEGA PREGNANT. I've been waiting for over a month since they started showing signs and they haven't released the babies yet. I'm going to try and get the babies out of the tank before the mothers eat them. Platies don't really... have a motherly instinct.
Hope your fish are doing well!

Most reactions

Back