Interpet Mini Filter

drain_bamaged

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 25, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello

Due to my now old filter packing up, I had to do an emergency trip down to my LFS. As part of my kit with the original tank, it came with a AquaEL mini filter. As I was buying for a 25 l (6 gallon), I got a Interpet Mini Filter (I also checked with my LFS (Maidenhead Aqauatics in Morden, if your interested!) and they said this was fine. But I do have a few questions:

1- the AquaEL filter had an air intake which would create bubble and oxidise the water. From what I understand this was not strictly needed. The Interpet Mini Filter does not have an Air intake, so my question is: are they (the air intake) necessary? My fish seem to be comfortable with out it.

2- This model does not have a water flow control- I guess im just used to having one, but again, does this matter, or is the filter preset to filter the amount of water needed (200l for up to 40 gallons, according to the manufacture website)? Ive taken a look at the manufactures website and it doesnt that it is included. SO if you're familier with the model, can you let me know how to adjust the rate!?

Cheers

Darren
 
Hello

Due to my now old filter packing up, I had to do an emergency trip down to my LFS. As part of my kit with the original tank, it came with a AquaEL mini filter. As I was buying for a 25 l (6 gallon), I got a Interpet Mini Filter (I also checked with my LFS (Maidenhead Aqauatics in Morden, if your interested!) and they said this was fine. But I do have a few questions:

1- the AquaEL filter had an air intake which would create bubble and oxidise the water. From what I understand this was not strictly needed. The Interpet Mini Filter does not have an Air intake, so my question is: are they (the air intake) necessary? My fish seem to be comfortable with out it.

2- This model does not have a water flow control- I guess im just used to having one, but again, does this matter, or is the filter preset to filter the amount of water needed (200l for up to 40 gallons, according to the manufacture website)? Ive taken a look at the manufactures website and it doesnt that it is included. SO if you're familier with the model, can you let me know how to adjust the rate!?

Cheers

Darren


erm i have that little filter for my little 31L tank and it does the job perfectly so i guess if its for your 25L tank then is should be fine, the thing with bubbles is just that, it makes bubbles although maybe a little extra help with CO2 i dont think it will bother your fish either way :)
 
brilliant, thats's good news! I dont have any plants in my tank, so i dont think co2 is an issue.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top