Instant Cycling Betta Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Callisto405

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The other day my dad came home with 3 gallon cube tank w/ a betta and 2 small whisker shrimp. He asked me to set it up for him. I reminded him that the tank should have been cycled before buying a fish. So what I did is take a piece of extra sponge I keep in my tank (for this exact purpose) and dropped it in his tank and I gave him 2 Marimo moss balls that have been in my tank for 2+ months and haven't been cleaned so they should be loaded with good bacteria. I also added some fluval cycle bio enhancer. I think this will be enough to instant cycle it. I will be testing along the way as well. What say you?

That should work. I would put the cycled media on/near the filter for the new tank, so the BB can populate it quicker. This is very similar to how I instant cycled my tanks. Or I take a media bag and fill it with gravel from an established tank.

It won't provide an "instant cycle" but will jump start it considerably. Test daily and water change when necessary. Most of my tanks have been cycled with a similar method, it does cut a major corner

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back