Installed A New Eheim Classic 2215

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VeryFatbloke

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
which is running alongside the exisiting Juwel filter in my Trigon 190. The Eheim seems to be working okay but I have ended up with two small curved plastic pieces unused, the Eheim manual is not particularly clear as to where these pieces should go.

Can anybody shed any light as to where they should go? Also, have I created a potential problem in not using these pieces?

Thanks
Gary

Martin

Thanks for the reply, sorry to be a pain but which of the curves in your diagram are actually pieces? I only got two curved pieces and I've used neither!!!! Neither of the two pieces fit into the spray bar, I have just connected the hose to the spray bar.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Gary

the curved elbow (light green) piece goes on the filter hose over the tank edge (keeps it held in place), and the barbed curve piece (dark green) goes inside the filter hose so you can mount the spraybar horizontally (acts like a 90 degree elbow)

at least thats what i used mine for

As said the curved green corner pieces slot over the hose where it bends to enter the tank and prevents the hose from compacting in on itself so you dont get restrictions in water flow.

Thanks everybody, I'll have another look when I get home from work this evening. I'll let you know how I get on.

Gary

OK, so I have now put the green open piece over the hose as it comes back into the tank from the filter and that's fine. I was only getting a slow flow of water back into the tank but I moved the suction pipe slightly in the tank and all of a sudden the water flow was really quick.

The spraybar is open at the end as I could not fit the stopper, it seemed to be too small for the spraybar.The water is coming out and then hitting the front glass, this makes the water look dirty as it's leaving lots of tiny bubbles in the water. Is this normal for this type of filter?

Gary

OK, so I have now put the green open piece over the hose as it comes back into the tank from the filter and that's fine. I was only getting a slow flow of water back into the tank but I moved the suction pipe slightly in the tank and all of a sudden the water flow was really quick.

The spraybar is open at the end as I could not fit the stopper, it seemed to be too small for the spraybar.The water is coming out and then hitting the front glass, this makes the water look dirty as it's leaving lots of tiny bubbles in the water. Is this normal for this type of filter?

Gary

the light green stopper presses in the end of the spraybar. its soft plastic and ought to fit ok.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back