In your own opinion what is the best food to use for tropical fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes I know that lol. But at my lfs you get frozen bloodworms in a frozen block that you cut and then thaw... So I don't know how to store that or clean the container (I cant use soap on it)
A bit joking of course. The blisterspackages the the way to go indeed. Variate with freezedried, flakes, veggiee etc... and your fish won't have a reason to complain at all.

A bit joking of course. The blisterspackages the the way to go indeed. Variate with freezedried, flakes, veggiee etc... and your fish won't have a reason to complain at all.
Well... Except for the peacock Gudgeons... I've heard they can be real picky with things. And just a small question, with the blister packs do I thaw it by cutting out a pack and putting it in the aquarium water for a little?

Well... Except for the peacock Gudgeons... I've heard they can be real picky with things. And just a small question, with the blister packs do I thaw it by cutting out a pack and putting it in the aquarium water for a little?
True. My girlfriend keeps a spiny eel (called Arie) that only eats defrosted bloodworms (and living of coarse).

I always put the wanted blisters in a glass, let the tap run till it water is hot and then fill the glass. After some time the cube is defrosted and I poor it in the tank. If you don't like the water poored in throw it in a net and only put the defrosted stuff in.

True. My girlfriend keeps a spiny eel (called Arie) that only eats defrosted bloodworms (and living of coarse).

I always put the wanted blisters in a glass, let the tap run till it water is hot and then fill the glass. After some time the cube is defrosted and I poor it in the tank. If you don't like the water poored in throw it in a net and only put the defrosted stuff in.
What about the chloromines in the water soaking into the food?

What about the chloromines in the water soaking into the food?

Didn't thing of that .

You guys should throw it through a net.

Here we don't have chloramines in the tapwater. That's why

Sometimes, I defrost my cubes in a small glass of aquarium water, sometimes I put the frozen cube straight in the tank.
(This causes no harm whatsoever to the fish and they seem to enjoy chasing the cube around, biting bits off as it thaws).
I might do that then... Just toss in 2-3 cubes and let them pick at it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back