In your own opinion what is the best food to use for tropical fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So, after looking at Amazon I saw A TON of different fish foods and its overwhelming. I would do frozen bloodworms but I dont really know how to store it or clean the container I keep it in... So hopefully there is a dried food or something like that out there that is very healthy for fish.

are you looking for a dried food that is like bloodworms if so I can recommend some

are you looking for a dried food that is like bloodworms if so I can recommend some
Really any food that people have had success with for fish (of course I want it to be good for the fish and not some weird flakes that do nothing)

I use Dennerle. No filler rubbish. Granted its a little more expensive but then as with everything, you get what you pay for.

Yep...take a look at the link I posted and you will find all the various types of food and their ingredients etc. I find the quality to be very good, no wasted food when feeding my hooligans.
Ok. I dont know if I'll order it directly from their site. Amazon mostly has shrimp food from them. I'll search the brand on google and see if I can find it anywhere else...

To keep my fish happy and helthy, I feed a variety of fish foods;
Dried flake, tablet, bug bites and frozen.
I was thinking of doing something like that... But I really dont know how to keep frozen foods for fish.

omega-one, northfin and nls are fairly decent brands. My fishes generally won't eat northfin (too much garlic) but they like omega-one well enough. A lot of european like sera...

omega-one, northfin and nls are fairly decent brands. My fishes generally won't eat northfin (too much garlic) but they like omega-one well enough. A lot of european like sera...
I saw omega one but when I saw the ingredients I wasnt sure.

I was thinking of doing something like that... But I really dont know how to keep frozen foods for fish.
Frozen foods in your normal freezer. They usually come in blister packs so perfectly safe to store in the freezer at home with your meat pies and ice cream. Even if they thaw a bit tween shop and home, its fine to refreeze them. When I used them, they were shipped overnight by courier, still fine for the fish.

In a thing we call a freezer overhere is an option hahahahaha
Yes I know that lol. But at my lfs you get frozen bloodworms in a frozen block that you cut and then thaw... So I don't know how to store that or clean the container (I cant use soap on it)

Frozen foods in your normal freezer. They usually come in blister packs so perfectly safe to store in the freezer at home with your meat pies and ice cream. Even if they thaw a bit tween shop and home, its fine to refreeze them. When I used them, they were shipped overnight by courier, still fine for the fish.
At petsmart they have the blister packs but only brine shrimp and not bloodworms... Which is ok I guess.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back