I'm Stunned

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Jim,

haven't been on for a while and just found this thread at the right time, it seems. Well done, mate...and well deserved.
the fish equivalent of seeing the type r in a boy racer mag!! :)

Jimboo matey! Thats fantastic! Sounds like you had an excellent day. Ar mate Im chuffed to bits for you, turely deserved. Am looking forward to the June PFK issue, especailly if your happy face is going to be splashed across the pages!

Once again, its great news for you and the hobby, you'll be known to thousands of people! And as you say this sets it up nicely for George. Just think TFF (well I say TFF but its down to you and George really ;)) could be the catalysis for a whole new way of thinking about planted tanks. :)

Sam

Nice 1 m8, might have to go and buy a mag now :X . Bet your well chuffed?
Congrats m8 you deserve it.

Good work.
Will look forward to the June issue imminently!

Ah, how can I get PFK? I am a member on the website, and have access to blogs and such, but I'm not sure if your interview will appear online? Is it only sold through the UK, or can I find a copy in the US? Would be tickled pink to be able to show my family "This is Jimbooo, I know him! See, I'm not the only one who plants tanks! Everybody does it!"

I am really happy for you, Jimbooo, you earned it. Can't wait for all the traffic in TFF this summer! It'll be a mad house! :hyper:

Great job! :good:

That's absolutely awesome. I'm so happy that it went well. I only wish I could get the article over here. (coincidentally, should anyone want to buy an extra copy and mail it to me, I would pay for the whole lot and be greatly appreciative ;))

Good work.
Will look forward to the June issue imminently!

Ah, how can I get PFK? I am a member on the website, and have access to blogs and such, but I'm not sure if your interview will appear online? Is it only sold through the UK, or can I find a copy in the US? Would be tickled pink to be able to show my family "This is Jimbooo, I know him! See, I'm not the only one who plants tanks! Everybody does it!"

I am really happy for you, Jimbooo, you earned it. Can't wait for all the traffic in TFF this summer! It'll be a mad house! :hyper:

Great job! :good:

That's absolutely awesome. I'm so happy that it went well. I only wish I could get the article over here. (coincidentally, should anyone want to buy an extra copy and mail it to me, I would pay for the whole lot and be greatly appreciative ;))

Im sure we ought to be able to sort something, if necessary (and PFK copyright permitting, etc, etc) I'll scan it to PDF and email it to anyone that wants it.

Sam

Well done, and I'm glad you had fun.

Your comment about forums is spot-on. My brackish water book came about because a number of people on the Brackish Water Aquarium mailing list decided to get together and produce something. It is perfectly possible for groups of experienced aquarists who meet on a forum or mailing list to work together on some external project. There are a number of people here at TFF who easily impress me with the breadth and depth of their knowledge, and I'd encourage anyone with the idea of a book to give it a whirl. Books are a great way to systematically lay out your knowledge in a way others can easily refer to it.

Cheers,

Neale

nowadays forums are just like clubs providing a means for a community of like minded people to share thoughts and ideas. couldn't have put it better myself.

Most reactions

Back