I'm Really Upset

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
3,290
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hudson, Wisconsin USA
I just found my female rubber eel trapped under my light fixture. She had managed to get up on top of the lid. She was really sticky, but alive. I put her back in the tank as fast as I could. She seems unscathed from her ordeal, but I'm really upset. I went down to lock the door and heard noises coming from the tank. I almost had a heart attack once I relised what it was. Had her out from under the lighting and back in the tank in a fraction of a second. I then grabbed some paper tape and taped the lid to the tank all the way around.

I'm really upset cuz, if I hadn't gone to lock the door I would of found her dead the next morning. and if the tank lights would of been on she would of been cooked before I found her. If she had gotten out from under the hood she would of dried up on the carpet. I'm not going to be able too sleep tonight. My two rubber eels are more important to me than all my other fish. they are known for being really good escape artists, I'm afraid one day this will happen again and I will be too late.

So yeah basically I'm really upset.


In a ironic twist the door was already locked......
 
awww thats bad, have you got a condensation tray, and would it make any diff if you did?

sounds like someone was trying to tell u something
 
Fate works in mysterious ways - or something similar :)

Least she was ok, fish do the most stupid things sometimes.
 
fish do the most stupid things sometimes.

Amphibians :good:

Really sorry to hear about this Mikaila, Caecilians are terrible for escaping, our bunch have all manner of crazy precautions to keep them in their tanks, extremely close fitting lids weighted down is the only way to go, no air gaps whatsoever or they'll find a way (or babies they might have when you least expect it might get out of gaps you think are too small ;) )

A bead of silicone also goes a long way to block gaps around exits :D

Glad she made it :D
Lotte***
 
Sorry to hear about your Eel :(

On a side note, I take it that is a Denison Barb in your signature? Also in the "Eel Feeding" video?
The shoal looks really good, you must have loads? How many do you have?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top