im new, so i have lots of questions

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

HONEY SO EXOTIC

Reaction score
how many fish can i put in a 60 gallon saltwater tank....i mostly like the bigger fish, like the ones i have, the queen angel, and the dogface puffer..et. cetera.?

also, what different types of fish would be good to put in with the 2 i just got?

i have put a real but dead blue coral in my tank, a decrative fake red one, a big sorts old pirates looking ship, and a few other little aquarium decorations....my tank looks really cool....i wanna add just a few more, to even it out and make it look as awsome as possible..........but........how much is to much, is it better to just have solid space without anything, or is it good to have things the can hide in and swim around, and all that good stuff??
:clap:

well if you have a 60 gallon tank you could go by the rule and put in 60 inches of fish but i would put in less seeing fish grow

the inch per gallon rule is for adult sizes. make sure you know how big your fish will get not how big it is when making your calculations

the amount of decorations also depends on your fish. some require places to hide while some preffer more open swimming area

It's a saltwater tank. The 1" rule doesn't really apply. I think saltwater is actually closer to 1" per 5 gallons. And this is only a minor consideration. You have to be a lot more prepared and educated when buying a SW fish. Compatibility issues abound due to everything from aggression, predation, incompatible food source, and any number of other factors.

I would strongly urge that this thread be moved to the Saltwater Forum for a more informed answer. If not, perhaps you could just post an intro there, HSE?

Most reactions

Back