Im Leaving The Hobby Thanks Guys For All Your Help!

aibo210

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK,England,Derby
Hi

Well after 4 years in the hobby im going to give up after watching one of best loved fish died today I know its only a fish but it the hard work you put in that upsets you most.

Ive tried everything to treat it only to watch it lay there and take its last breath and I thought why do I do it all ?

I love keeping them but I dont think I have the knack for it.....

Thanks fish keepers!

R.I.P Gerrard

DSC03864.jpg
 
awww mate sorry to hear about your fish.. its never an easy thing epecialy when youv had the fish for a while..
and i dont think you should give up because of it.. start over... it might be worth it..

all the best mate
 
man too bad, sorry bout the death.. before making any snap decisions, maybe sleep on it and think bout it, but if you are leaving the hobby, well hope you find something else interesting to keep you entertained.. maybe ull come back later on..

have a good one
 
He didnt have dropsy. That is the way the scales are on the angel. See:
006-12.jpg


See the pattern ( and the bulge is eggs, not compacted waste).

Dude, dont leave. I have had many fish die, and i still keep going.

Im goign to apply your reasoning to a different subject.

I am a child and i can get ahold of walking. I stand up, but i just fall. Im goign to give up, because i dont think i have the knack of walking.

Im sorry if i sound a little agressive about the subject, but your excuse sounds little lame to me. I hope you continue in the hobby.


RIP GERRARD :rip:

Just curious, what did he pass away from?
 
Hi

Well after 4 years in the hobby im going to give up after watching one of best loved fish died today I know its only a fish but it the hard work you put in that upsets you most.

Ive tried everything to treat it only to watch it lay there and take its last breath and I thought why do I do it all ?
i'd say at least you tried, its better than doing nothing. besides, i'm sure you had your fun these four years, cant let one day bring you down.

aww! he is so cool. he looks like he had dropsy :( any way i hope you enjoyed this hobby and come back to it in future years
pearlscale, thats what you call it.
 
): Im so sorry! :rip: Why don't you just take a break off fishes for a year or so. Look up stuff that can encourage you. :)

Sucks man, this happend to me when I was like, 8 and I was a fishkeeper? (Little betta bowl, I knew how to take care of fish properly.)

My betta died back then and I cried myself to sleep. :(
 
oh dont leave.. i was in a similar situation recently and was almost respsonsible for Jambos ( tiger oscar in my sig) death,i was devastated that my stupidity nearly killed him, but this isnt your fault,and you shouldnt take it as such,take what youve learnt and put it to good use, otherwise he will have died in vaine, we are not all born fishkeepers it takes hard work and commitment to learning.
whats happened is horrible i know, but please rethink about leaving, we are all here to support you in the future,and 4 yrs is a heck of a lot of knowledge to chuck away
c`mon you dont sound like a quitter to me ..stay!!


shelagh xxxxx
 
Hi there,

Just wanted to say firstly, so sorry to hear about Gerrard and he lost the struggle to live. But fish do pass, even in the wild and maybe there was nothing anyone could have done for him.

All I would say to you is, although it's painful losing your much loved fish, remember how well he was looked after and loved whilst he was with you, you could do the same for others, much better than them being in a neglected tank.

I can't get things right in my own tank at the moment, it's a daily struggle, they are still with me at moment thankfully even though I only have a few. So I do now how bad you can feel when they are poorly. Had the same a few years back when my heater malfunctioned whilst I was at work. I gave up for five years, but I am back to it again now.

I'll stop waffling on now, but just to say, hang on in there, there will be fishies that would love a great home and a caring keeper.

Hugs
x
 

Most reactions

Back
Top