Im fryed...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Ok... So remember when I had 50 fry and then those fry disappeared and then I got 7 fry outof no where? Wellll, now I'm fryed (yes I know its spelt wrong, I'm just spelling it like that). On my last water change I got the last dragon rock out (the one with eggs in it). I flipped the rock over before taking it out and saw that the other eggs hadnt hatched and they had fungus all over them... These were eggs that I figured were unfertilized or just were unable to hatch and rotted. So I put the rock into the QT tank to help with cycling. This was on Monday. Today it is Thursday and I checked the QT tank to see a TON of fry... There is no moving them, there is a lot. I need to do a WC tomorrow on my main tank and the QT tank I guess and then I need to find a way to heat it... Aaaand I need to feed them some how... Oh and if I can move them that would be great but I dont know how the heck I can

Just use boiled egg yolk for food.

Hard boil a chicken egg for 10 minutes. When it has cooled down, remove the shell and white. Push the yellow yolk through a handkerchief and have it go into a small container of dechlorinated water. Put the lid on the container and shake it up. Then use an eye dropper to suck some of the solution out and feed it to the babies. Put the lid on the container and pop it in the fridge.

Feed then 3-5 times a day.
Do partial water changes each day.
Get an air operated sponge filter on the tank.
Add some plants but make sure they don't have hydra on.

Hydra are wee creatures that attach to substrates and open stinging 'fans' or tentacles to trap micro-organisms. With fry that are both very tiny and very stupid, like my rainbows, they feast. With my killies that are just a pest.

They love freshly hatched brine shrimp.

There are a bunch of species involved, and they differ in size and pest level. I have green ones where I am now - I assume they also photosynthesize or have algae in symbiosis. They don't seem to bother fry. I had larger, clearer bodied ones that we deadly micro- fry predators for a long time.

You can use various treatments on them. I attach a length of mildly rigid airline to a syringe, and I shoot them with hydrogen peroxide when they appear. Technically, you can't kill them, as they're immortal, budding off into infinity. They don't seem to age or die.

Hydra are wee creatures that attach to substrates and open stinging 'fans' or tentacles to trap micro-organisms. With fry that are both very tiny and very stupid, like my rainbows, they feast. With my killies that are just a pest.

They love freshly hatched brine shrimp.

There are a bunch of species involved, and they differ in size and pest level. I have green ones where I am now - I assume they also photosynthesize or have algae in symbiosis. They don't seem to bother fry. I had larger, clearer bodied ones that we deadly micro- fry predators for a long time.

You can use various treatments on them. I attach a length of mildly rigid airline to a syringe, and I shoot them with hydrogen peroxide when they appear. Technically, you can't kill them, as they're immortal, budding off into infinity. They don't seem to age or die.
Huh, never seen any before... Weird little things though

Hydra are wee creatures that attach to substrates and open stinging 'fans' or tentacles to trap micro-organisms. With fry that are both very tiny and very stupid, like my rainbows, they feast.

:rofl:
Poor little fry. They can't help having teeny tiny brains! :lol:

I was avle to feed the fry some egg yolk that was in some pantyhose. Worked like a charm! Thanks @itiwhetu

Ok... So remember when I had 50 fry and then those fry disappeared and then I got 7 fry outof no where? Wellll, now I'm fryed (yes I know its spelt wrong, I'm just spelling it like that). On my last water change I got the last dragon rock out (the one with eggs in it). I flipped the rock over before taking it out and saw that the other eggs hadnt hatched and they had fungus all over them... These were eggs that I figured were unfertilized or just were unable to hatch and rotted. So I put the rock into the QT tank to help with cycling. This was on Monday. Today it is Thursday and I checked the QT tank to see a TON of fry... There is no moving them, there is a lot. I need to do a WC tomorrow on my main tank and the QT tank I guess and then I need to find a way to heat it... Aaaand I need to feed them some how... Oh and if I can move them that would be great but I dont know how the heck I can
moving them? use a siphon hose to get them into a bucket then pour the entire thing into the main tank

Sense I had about 6 fry in my main tank I tried letting the lights turn off. The first and second time went well so I figured it was ok. But the third time, and now all 6 of my fry are gone... I guess I made the Bermuda triangle? 😅

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back