I'm Back

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

theoilartist

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm back. My 10 gal tank is still going strong since I first set it up in Nov 2011. I've had some touch and go moments such as going through a couple of algae bombs and an invasion of aptasia. These have resulted in killing my zoos, a mushroom and my green star polyps. Very sad. Strangly my pulsing zenia bounces back every time. I have also relocated my lion fish to a friend's 100 litre as he was looking a bit cramped. So currently I have lots of ghost shrimp and hermits dealing with the latest algae problem. They're absolute stars. I have also put two very small local fish into the tank, a damsel that I haven't been able to identify as yet and what we call a Klipfish. The damsel is very busy picking at the algae on the walls and rocks. I'll post a pic when I can get him to pose for the camera ( he ducks into his cave when he sees a camera) lol. The klipfish hardly ever comes out from under his rock. I'm thinking that its a bit of a waste having a fish that I can't see.
I'm still fighting the aiptasia but I seem to have it under some sort of control ATM, but it comes back very quickly so I have to be on my toes at all times. I have found that the only thing that works for me is aiptasia X. I've tried Vinger, lemon juice, and boiling water without any success. I would be grateful to know what else I could use.
Duncan

Get some pics.I have a 10 gallon saltwater too very interesting.

The tank is not worthy of any pics atm, but the algae is nicely under control again thanks to my little hungry helpers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back