IFGA Certified Fancy Guppies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Hello!

I've doing some research on possible taking on a strain of IFGA certified Fancy Guppies and breeding them for sale and maybe one day creating my own line.

I've found in the USA at least one IFGA certified breeder that has good reviews but I'm not finding a lot of luck besides that.

Does anyone have suggestions?

The one I've found is Stephen Kwartler --> just looking to see what other strains I can find beyond his.

Basically an international association that regulates what is the "perfect" guppy. Breeders that are approved/have won by them typically have excellent stock.

Hello!

I've doing some research on possible taking on a strain of IFGA certified Fancy Guppies and breeding them for sale and maybe one day creating my own line.

I've found in the USA at least one IFGA certified breeder that has good reviews but I'm not finding a lot of luck besides that.

Does anyone have suggestions?

The one I've found is Stephen Kwartler --> just looking to see what other strains I can find beyond his.
Stephen Kwartler is a wellknown guppy breeder. You should be okay trying to purchase guppies from him.
what's an ifga guppy?
IFGA has got to do with standards of the guppy show segment. It's not a matter of the perfect guppy. But it's got to meet up the standards given by the IFGA. Why am I saying that it's not a matter of the perfect guppy? Because every detail that should be judged has got a margin. I did also guppy shows as a judge in Holland and Germany. The IFGA is not the only guppy standard in the world. There are more. But the IFGA is the best standard there is.

It's much like dog breeds. It's important not to dress badly with really ugly shoes to take your guppies for a walk around the ring, but it's the same sort of fancy breeder standards for those who like linebreeding.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back