If It Was You Stocking My Tank...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Its pushing it, but if you add them really slowly and run a phosphate media to help keep them low since you'll have a high waste load, I'd say you could make it work. You'll also have to be dilligent about gravel vaccuming.

Order:
Clowns
Chromis
Goby
Coral Beauty
Royal Gramma

Really the only difficulty I see with the setup is that you'll have to watch that gramma like a hawk. It might decide that it wants the tank all to itself :unsure:

Thanks Ski,

Yeah, I thought I'd be pushing it, which I didn't really want to do.

Maybe I should leave something out? But which !!! Its too hard.

I can see why people very rarely stick with their first tank size now! :hyper:

Cheers for everyones help in making my decisions. The final choice is:-

2 Percula Clowns (already in)
Yellow Watchman Goby (already in)
Hawaiian pyjama wrasse/4 line wrasse (reserved at lfs)
Coral Beauty (reserved at lfs)

I just joined this site and it's sad you didn't go with the valentini puffer. I have one if my tank with a mandarin dragonet, 1 percula, 1 neon goby, 1 watchman goby, 1 peppermint shrimp, a green star polyp colony, and three frags of pulsating xenia. I also have a few hermits and two turbo snails. The only time he harms anything is when you don't feed him for a day. Then he gets hungry and nips at the hermit crab shells. He hasn't killed one yet, but has made some dents in their homes. He leaves the corals alone and the clown fish follows him around like a best buddy. The clown fish actually eats any debri off of him. The yellow watchman goby is scared of him, the neon goby won't clean him, but when you come look at your tank, he is the fish who interacts with me the most.

Yes... people's opinions can change a fair bit in a year. Nowadays I highly recommend Valentine's puffers for any setup that can accommodate them, and none of my reef tanks will ever be complete without at least one fish people tell me isn't 'reef-safe'. Hell, my tank now has five of them at last count. Which "rule" will I break next I wonder? :D

Most reactions

Back