If I burn my tank will ich & worms survive

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

And hopefully this isn't more ich :eek:
MVIMG_20201005_182101.jpg

are the white bits on the body and the tail actually things attached to the fish?? Or detritus in the water?

Any way you can zoom in on the white bits if they are? Worrying about anchor worms now. @Colin_T

are the white bits on the body and the tail actually things attached to the fish?? Or detritus in the water?

Any way you can zoom in on the white bits if they are? Worrying about anchor worms now. @Colin_T

The tail has a white dot. It's hard to catch as it swims quickly. The white on body is just the way the light caught him. I've been really staring and see no worms in the water, or on substrate. Though it'd be harder to see on the gravel.

A sad matter of fact is that sometimes a tank must be completely taken down and salted, sterilized and restarted. New gravel, new filter media, new plants, new fish. Take note of where you got your fish and plants and either don't go there anymore or really cast a hairy eyeball on stock you do get from there.

A sad matter of fact is that sometimes a tank must be completely taken down and salted, sterilized and restarted. New gravel, new filter media, new plants, new fish. Take note of where you got your fish and plants and either don't go there anymore or really cast a hairy eyeball on stock you do get from there.

Yeah I'm definitely not going there again. All the advice was woeful. I do think the tank needs to tare down. A local shop said they'll take my Fry when they are bigger but I can't rehome the fish until I get rid of the worm/ich issues.

Platies often have long poops like this, but there is a little white in it. But it does look like its returning to normal.

But this is generally what is meant by white stringy poops from parasites.
20200801_234721.jpg

Platies often have long poops like this, but there is a little white in it. But it does look like its returning to normal.

But this is generally what is meant by white stringy poops from parasites.
View attachment 118774
He definitely had this. I'll leave them alone for a few days And monitor. Either way this tank needs a BIG clean but I don't want to dose with more meds of not needed.

They look way to big to be a worm from a fish. They need to be identified before you treat.

I suppose a work could get in on a plank or driftwood or the water. I really hope this isn't some gross worm in tap water or might burn the house down.

Hope so. I thought fish would be nice and peaceful with a weekly water change... Easy peasy. Wriggly wormy poop everywhere monsters :eek:

As long as it’s not white. It should be ok. Platy’s are known to eat a lot and have big poops.

Most reactions

Back