Identify this plant please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
It's the kind of curly one...with the mass of roots. There is some on the top and then a little further down some on the right.
There is none in the bottom third I should have cropped.
Starting to look a little wilty now but I love the look of them and would like to propagate some.
I imagine I would stick the little root bundles in the substrate, but are they meant to be floaters?
IMG_20211116_120428.jpg

It's hard to see from the photo, I can't make it out

It doesn't look like any floater I've ever seen. Looks more like a plant that should be rooted in the substrate.

Tricky to tell. A hygrophila perhaps? Maybe h.costata (glush weed)

I think it could be a multitude of pygmy sword plants, which have been floating around your tank too long

I'd go with @itiwhetu 's pygmy sword idea.
It's not a stem plant, as there are no rootlets emerging from the step and it appears to be too busy growing to be a cryptocoryne.
Vallis and Sagittaria would have longer leaves.

Most plants, if not all plants, will survive for quite a while without a substrate, provided they have access to nutrients and light.

I'd go with @itiwhetu 's pygmy sword idea.
It's not a stem plant, as there are no rootlets emerging from the step and it appears to be too busy growing to be a cryptocoryne.
Vallis and Sagittaria would have longer leaves.

Most plants, if not all plants, will survive for quite a while without a substrate, provided they have access to nutrients and light.
"... pygmy sword idea..."
🥳🤣

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back