Identify fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ukbliss

Reaction score
Hi guys

Could anyone identify what type is my fish? Is it a peacock dudgeon? I think the fish store that sold to me had absolutely no idea. They told me is a goby but didn't specify what type. They also told me that it would take any type of food like flakes but it didn't and took me a while researching to find out that it only takes fresh food. Would be really helpful if I had a confirmation of what the fishy is so I look properly after it as since I bought it looks like it is losing weight although it eats a lot.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_7820.jpg
    IMG_7820.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 119
It does look like a peacock gudgeon. I'd be wary of it constantly losing weight, as that's a sign of internal parasites. Is it showing any other symptoms?

Thank you. No nothing else. It is still lively and eats well but I noticed the weight loss.

I also think it is a peacock gudgeon/goby, and a female or juvenile male.

My peacock gudgeons eat anything. They eat frozen 'live' food with relish as do most fish, but they also eat anything else I feed the tank from flakes to algae pellets to sinking general pellets. They probably also eat baby cherry shrimps, though as my tank has a lot of shrimps of all sizes, they don't eat all the babies.

I also think it is a peacock gudgeon/goby, and a female or juvenile male.

My peacock gudgeons eat anything. They eat frozen 'live' food with relish as do most fish, but they also eat anything else I feed the tank from flakes to algae pellets to sinking general pellets. They probably also eat baby cherry shrimps, though as my tank has a lot of shrimps of all sizes, they don't eat all the babies.

Thank you. I have a hard time finding food she likes. So far only brine shrimp works. I bought the other day Mysis as I read that brine shrimp is not actually very nutritious (so thought maybe that's why it lost weight) but doesn't seem to like it much either!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back