Ideas Needed Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

patchouli

Reaction score
We have recently set up a 96ltr tank. Once it is fully cycled we would like to keep some type of cichlids. We currently also have a 450 ltr community tank that has been up and running for about a year which has Molly's, Platy's, Plec's etc but fancy something different in the new tank. Any ideas or info would be fab. Really don't know much about cichlids,thanks

i like dwarf cichlids myself. i dont know to much about them besides they dont eat plants :p

A trio of Apistogramma Cacatuides would be lovely. One male, and three females. :good:

That would be a quartet Crossfire
whistling.gif
rolleyes.gif
smartass.gif

I like the Apistogramma Cacatuides too, there was a time I wanted to keep some and posted on the forum here. A member that bred them for years said it is extremely difficult to keep them from killing each other regardless that websites say to get a male with a harem of females. He said they get agressive when the male pairs with a female and recommended for a beginner to start with just one male and one female. It would be a nice project if maybe you can breed the pair and increase the number little by little, selling off the males?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back