Ideal Temperture

shaz-killie

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
322
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well as some of you know I have a few juvinille discus and wasn't sure what the ideal temp should be. the breeder I bought them from had his at 30 degrees C, i've increased mine to 28 but not sure if the kribs will like these temps
 
Well as some of you know I have a few juvinille discus and wasn't sure what the ideal temp should be. the breeder I bought them from had his at 30 degrees C, i've increased mine to 28 but not sure if the kribs will like these temps


It's been a while since I have kept discus, but I used to keep mine at around 82 F.
 
for juveniles 30c

if you are going to keep discus then the needs & concerns of everything else become secondary, unless you like making things difficult for yourself that is.
 
for juveniles 30c

if you are going to keep discus then the needs & concerns of everything else become secondary, unless you like making things difficult for yourself that is.

Yeah mine are at 30 and perfectly fine.
 
30 it is then, any other fish that has issues with it can go to the naughty corner, i mean the 3ft tank upstairs
 
only noticed it with one of the kribs I got at the weekend, he was up at the top as if gasping for air, however the rest are fine.
 
30 degrees for me too.

Got an airstone in there, as I read that higher temps lower 02 in the way. Still not convinced that bubbles of air don't add any oxygen to the water, but even if they don't, it certainly agitates at the surface.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top