ID if you can, and how to treat

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

imw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure what this is protruding from this blue tetra, looks like poo (sorry best way I can describe). Fish is active and feeding , no obvious loss of colour.

If some one could ID and advise how to treat (if required) please.

Whist watching the fish the "poo" it seems lumpy, white bits interspersed with black bits
@Bruce Leyland-Jones @Colin_T

Attachments

• 20210912_135114.jpg
    20210912_135114.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210912_143425.jpg
    20210912_143425.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hi,

Not sure what this is protruding from this blue tetra, looks like poo (sorry best way I can describe). Fish is active and feeding , no obvious loss of colour.

If some one could ID and advise how to treat (if required) please.

Whist watching the fish the "poo" it seems lumpy, white bits interspersed with black bits
@Bruce Leyland-Jones @Colin_T
I had this on my betta right before it got ich... How long have you had them? And what are your water parameters?

I had this on my betta right before it got ich... How long have you had them? And what are your water parameters?
About 1 week and a half.

PH 6.5
Ammonia - Zero
Nitrate - No reading
Nitrite -No reading
dKH - 4
GH - 90
All other Tetra's normal

I am leaning towards constipation.

About 1 week and a half.

PH 6.5
Ammonia - Zero
Nitrate - No reading
Nitrite -No reading
dKH - 4
GH - 90
All other Tetra's normal
Thats also about the time my betta got that. To this day I still wonder what it was... I do not know if that thing and the ich the betta had were related but it could be some sort of parasite...

Thats also about the time my betta got that. To this day I still wonder what it was... I do not know if that thing and the ich the betta had were related but it could be some sort of parasite...

Mmm - maybe - thanks for input

Mmm - maybe - thanks for input
No problem. There are many others on here that may know more on this subject than me, but this interested me cause it also happened to me and I hope that you can get answers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back