I want to get some

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Chunandler

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I saw some cichlids at the store a while back and they look so awesome. I doubt they'd get along with my balas though. Is there any type of chilid that would stay relatively small..and would get along. My tank pictures are in that section so that should give you an idea of what setup I have. :huh:

dwarf cichlids stay s,mall( rams, kribs etc.)
they look cool ......some are all right and some are a little aggressive....sometimes its a gamble.

I think your balas will be fine with a dwarf cichlid. Balas are fast and grow pretty large.

I'd go with some apistos

A-pandurini-fem.jpg

There are some stunning apistos, check out www.apistogramma.com

i wouls have said firemouths up untill a few months back but they can get big big in a big tank so kribs are the smallest i think the rams can get large for anything up to a 3 ft tank i think. depends how many.

Ok...It sounds like dwarf chichlids are the way to go? How big do the get? Are they Agrresive? Do they like to kept in groups? :S

I'd say a pair of kribs. They stay small but a pair will definately stand up for themselves and don't take crap, but at the same time they pretty much NEVER start anything. I had a pair w/ firemouths and a 4-5in breeding pair of jewels and it didn't matter cause if the jewel would come into the pairs territory looking for trouble then the pair of jewels WOULD NOT back down and eventually the jewel would leave. Great looking fish too.

-matt

I've been researching them and apparently they come on both extremes as far as attitude and aggresivenes, I think I'm going to wait a bit longer for my balas to get a bit bigger and to get a couple more plants. Thanks all for the information.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back