I want shimp

Fishy Jon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've been wondering about getting shrimp. The only kind I know about is ghost shrimp, but won't they be eaten? If you know or know of any other species that wouldn't be eaten please reply.

Hiya,

heres some info about ghost shrimp I found Ghost shrimp, we had some florida glass shrimp in our tank, and they both died.. we dont know why :/ maybe our plec picked at them or some of the other fish, or maybe they didnt like the water chemistry... duno..
alot of people have said that shrimp can be quite evil and have found them eating their smaller fish, such as neons and other small fish.
I was in a fishstore the other day and noticed a shrimp eating a fish.. in that respect if the fish was alredy dead, they are good little cleaners.. :lol:

:thumbs:

Starry^

:huh:

Ummm,
I dont know, if you want one get one.
All you can do is try and find out for yourself. :p

Starry^

Starry^ said:
:huh:

Ummm,
I dont know, if you want one get one.
All you can do is try and find out for yourself. :p

Starry^
I guess ill get some ghost shrimp if they are eaten then its their fault and they deserve to be eaten

:lol: LOL

well like I said you can just try and see what happens, if they get eaten theres not much you could do about it, we just came out in the morning and found ours dead, though shrimp can run pretty quick if they want to (or swim rather..) :p heres a couple of pics of ours b4 they died. i like them, Id have more. :D

shrimpie1:
shrimpie.JPG

shrimpie2:
shrimpie2.JPG

lemme know how it goes anyway :)

Starry^

ok cause their only like 25 cent so its not like a big lose. I will prob get them tonight or tom. Ill let you know what happens after I get them. They have places to hid anway so they auta be fine.

I like to have Ghost Shrimp in my tank also. But, they end up getting gobbled by almost everything else in the tank. I think the only things that don't eat them are my Red Tail Shark and my Neon Tetras. My Blue Paradise Fish, Angel Fish, African Butterfly (some of those little buggers swim up to the top of the tank like fools). I've never seen my Peacock Eel eat one, but I'm sure he has too.

I just pick up a half dozen every week on the way home from work and throw them in there. At .25 a piece, its not a huge lost.

-Curtiss

the fish i have are in my sig. will they prob eat them. the biggest one is about 2".

i find giant wood shrimp make a great addition to the tank. being filterfeeders they are incapable of harming the smaller fish, and being the size they are(3-4in) there big enough to where they other fish wont bother them.

:nod: yeah but where do u get thos and how much are they? o and arent there alega eatting Shrimp?

i've got 2 in my tank and everything is fine,they're just like fish they even climb to the top at feeding time .. kinda neat 8)

Most reactions

Back