I Think My Guppy Is Going To Drop

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

black molly3

Fish Herder
Reaction score
my female guppy looks quite pregenant and the past few days she has been abandoning the other guppies and just going at the surface ontop of the heater. is this a sign she is ready to drop.
thanks

If she is huge like she's about to explode then yes. I would keep an eye on her though because she could drop any day now. If you have another tank for her then go ahead and put her in there, or a breeder net. But I would wait a little while longer if your gonna put her in the breeder net.

Hope this helped

i too think my female guppy is going to drop a fry. she is very boxy looking and has been for some days now. there are 2 things concerning me right now. she has had something hanging out of her for a few days. it looks to be coming out of where she would give birth from. its very small and white. i thought it was poop at first but it hasnt gone away. secondly, she now has a black spot on her side. its not her gravid spot. its more on her belly than by her anal fin. its round and very black. she is a small, i would say undersized, preggers. i was wondering if this could be some kind of disease or if its a baby thats protruding through her side or if its normal. i have has other females that dropped fry before and i dont remember seeing this with them. also, the area of the black spot is bigger than the side that doesnt have the spot. please help me because i dont want my other fish to die if she is sick.

Most reactions

Back